SPANISH GUITAR: FLAMENCO & CLASSICAL
B i o g r a p h y
Antonio Garcia (Jared Antonio Garcia Lyons) is a Spanish guitar performer/instructor from Santiago de Queretaro, Mexico. Antonio began his musical journey at the age of 8 when he took 4 years of private piano instruction. At the age of 12 he discovered that his true passion was the Spanish guitar. His musical abilities started developing as a self-taught musician with his father's guitar.
Antonio began his formal guitar education under flamenco guitarist Juan Rosas at "Instituto Mexicano de Flamencologia" (Mexican Institute of Flamencology) and "Centro Cultural de Arte Flamenco de San Miguel de Allende" (Flamenco Cultural Center SMA) where he obtained a certificate degree in flamenco guitar technique. Antonio later continued his classical guitar studies abroad under the private instruction of Dr. Jon Yerby, a well-known concertist and instructor located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The Mexican artist performs regularly at Robert Redford's award-winning 'The Tree Room' at Sundance Resort. Antonio has also performed in many prestigious venues as a solo artist as well as an accompanying guitarist for flamenco dancers and bands. Some performances of note include the following venues:
- The Excellence Concert Series at the Gallivan Center in Salt Lake City
- Robert Redford's 'The Tree Room' at Sundance Resort
- Sterling Steakhouse & Lounge
- St Regis Deer Valley
- The Rockwell Room in Park City, UT
- Utah Museum of Natural History
- BYU Marriott Center (Provo, UT)
- LDS Conference Center (Salt Lake City)
- Festival Latinoamericano Provo 2013 (Provo, UT)
- Impact Hub (Salt Lake City)
Antonio currently teaches private Spanish guitar lessons to over 12 students online and in person. Online platforms: TakeLessons // Whereby